Monday, September 15, 2008

Imperial Star Destroyer (set #6211)

This was Christmas 2006 from my wonderful wife :)

This one is super-cool and takes up almost the whole shelf by itself. There is a lot of detail on the outside. The only drawback I've experienced so far is you have to be very careful when moving it because the bottom isn't very strong. It's fine just sitting on the shelf, but where's the fun in that? I keep meaning to reinforce everything, but keep getting distracted...

This is the front view.


Top view, including the escape pod.


View 1 of the rear...


View 2 with the command bridge access. I don't remember Tarkin ever being on the Star Destroyer (unless you count the closing scenes of Episode III), but it's cool to have his little minifig anyway.


All opened up... the scout troopers in the bay weren't included in the set, I just didn't have anywhere else to put them at the time.


Close-up of the bay...


Darth Vader's chamber. This was cool, the walls fold up and it has the helmet claw from Episode V...


I had an extra Emperor and throne, and there really wasn't anything happening on this side, so I figured it would be a good place to put him. Behind him is the weapons locker with the slide-away doors.

No comments: