Monday, September 15, 2008

Anakin's Jedi Starfighter (#7669)

I wasn't sure about this one when it first hit the Lego site, but it grew on me. I think part of the problem was this was the first set to feature the new cartoon-ized minifig, which they are using for the Clone Wars sets as well. I'm checking on Bricklink to see if the parts are available to make a red version for Obiwan's starfighter.

It's nearly as long as the 7143 version, it looks a lot smaller for some reason.


I like the larger engines on the back.


Because I just can't leave things alone, I took out R2's eject system and replaced it with posts to hold R2 in place so Anakin can do more aggressive maneuvers, you don't want to be throwing R2 out every time you do a barrel roll. I also lowered the 'bay' a little so Anakin can have a better view. It's important to take these things into account, can't really expect him to fly and not see where he's going...

No comments: