Monday, March 16, 2009

A-Wing, More Modifications (#6207)

While I'm waiting for a few more parts to come in for the Falcon (#4504), I had to tinker a bit with my Gold Squad A-Wing.


Here's the original version, nothing changed from the standard set other than the color scheme.


Here's the revised version. I took off the old guns and put in more movie-friendly guns. I think it makes the A-Wing look a bit more streamlined.


I also took out the grey post from the front and installed a retractable landing gear.


Here it is all folded up.

I have the parts ordered to modify the standard A-Wing as well. If only the yellow parts came in green, then I could do a variant to match the Return of the Jedi model, with light grey instead of white of course.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are green cannons for the engines, and the front 6x2 curves come in green as well. It should work out for you.

Unknown said...

Yes, I did a green version shortly after the Home One set was released... http://garyslego.blogspot.ca/2010/02/wing-7754-home-one-version.html

Anonymous said...

Oh sorry I just found your blog yesterday and hadn't looked around a whole lot yet.. I love your site though!

Unknown said...

No problem! Believe me, I was rather excited when the green pieces came out :)

Thanks for visiting!