Thursday, February 19, 2009

Republic Dropship (#10195)

Sweet mother of pearl!! I just saw this on the Lego website and was awe-struck, I can't be completely certain, but I'm pretty sure I heard angelic choirs in the background. Available on March 30th with a pricetag of $350 CDN ($250 US), which means it won't be making it on my wishlist any time soon. You've got to admit it's cool though! The images below are from the Lego site...


Even if it wasn't cost-prohibitive, I have no idea where I'd put it... This is not a small model by any means.


The engineering on this set is truly impressive! The wings are huge, there is a pop-up handle on top to make it easier to carry, the docking mechanism has to be solid in order to carry the AT-OT (All Terrain Open Transport). I'm guessing the nose art on the side is a Wampa??


The set comes with six clones and two clone pilots. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like there is seating for six additional clones in the forward section as well as the six shown in the rear.


According to the Lego site, the dropship will also carry the AT-TE (All Terrain Tactical Enforcer). I'd have to let Dawn go away on her own for a month to even get close to enough the brownie points it would take for this one. I think this set is even more awesome than the USC Millennium Falcon (1/2 the price too).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that is sweet!! Imagine the run I could get if I bought that for an Easter gift! LOL

ampretty said...

wow..how i wish someone will give me a gift like that...