Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Republic Fighter Tank (#7679)

I was so excited when I saw this on the Lego website. I first saw it in the Battlefront games, then it made it's way over to the Clone Wars. It must've been more popular than expected because it never hit store shelves and after a couple of weeks it was on "sold out" status. I managed to track one down on Bricklink.


Front view: It's a little larger than I had expected. It has four wheels underneath that help it look like it is hovering.


There is a pretty cool pop-up seat for the gunner. It's rigged up to an elastic band, and the back door holds the seat down. The turret rotates side-to-side and can also raise up and down.


There is a flip-up compartment on each side as well as the flip-up flick-fire missiles.


The engine compartment on the front flips up. I'm not sure exactly what mechanical problems one could have, but it'd be easy to fix.


The top comes off to allow access to the driver. You can also see the pop-up mechanism for the gunner's seat.


Here's a view from the rear. The guns on the side rotate up and down.

This one lives on my desk, and not just because I haven't found room on my shelf yet. It's very distracting because it practically begs to be played with. And who am I to refuse?

No comments: