Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TIE Bomber (#4479) - Modified


While I was looking around Bricklink for some parts for the Falcon, I found a few parts I could use to finish off my TIE Bomber. I never liked the spring-loaded missile that came with the original kit. Wasn't a big fan of the little transparent blue "bombs" either. No one likes stepping on those later.


I found a grey dome to use instead of the 6x6 dish I had on the front before.


Oooh, aahh, the back. There are some changes, but nothing that really jumps out...


TIE pilot. I want to improve the cockpit a little, but that'll wait.


The other side opens up now for the crew transport. If you check the databank on starwars.com, you'll see that the bomber was modified to transport crew. There's even a shot in Empire Strikes Back of a bomber being used to transport between star destroyers. That doesn't make me any less of a geek, however. It just means there is some basis for my modifications in the official Star Wars canon.


And here is the crew seating. I could fit one more trooper if I squished them up a bit, but on long flights, a little leg room is appreciated.

No comments: