Thursday, December 4, 2008

Darth Vader's TIE Advanced (#10175)

This is probably the only set I have for display and not to actually play with. The frame is strong enough to sit on the stand, but not really durable enough to stand up to a run down the Death Star trenches. It makes up for a lack of air-time by its sheer awesomeness.


This took me about four hours to put together, which is okay because at the time I was in my hotel room after a staff meeting and had nothing else to do. Honestly, if I had it during the staff meeting, it would've been built before I left the office. That could've been bad considering I was running the staff meeting.


Front view (obviously). The body is made up of about four sections that connect together.


Rear view. The nice thing about the larger models is the extra room for all the little details. The back is made up of mostly plates, which makes it lighter but also makes it hard to find anywhere sturdy to hold.


The top hatch flips open quite nicely...


There is even a lot of detail in the cockpit, you just can't see it. It's like the engines on model airplanes... you never see them when the model is done, but you feel better knowing they are there and to scale.


The spec sheet on the front, just in case this ever comes up on a test... or Jeopardy.

No comments: