Tuesday, November 25, 2008

V-19 Torrent Fighter (#7674)

This is one of my favorite ships from the Clone Wars, the V-19 Torrent. The set bigger than I thought it would be and scores high on "swoosh factor". It comes with one clone pilot, which by itself is going for anywhere from $12 - $30 on Bricklink.com. Not bad considering the whole set is $55 US.




A simple stop-motion animation showing how the cockpit slides open. One of these days I'll learn to turn off the flash so I don't give anyone a photo-induced seizure...


Close-up of the flick-fire missiles. I usually take them out, but the new ones don't fall out as easily as the old ones did so I figured they'd be safe to leave in. I have to admit, the launcher is pretty cool though...


The retractable landing gear tucks up as the wings fold out for flight, very interesting mechanics at work.


This is the little 'lock' to keep the wings from folding down while the Torrent is on the ground.

I had to 'borrow' this image from Lego.com because it's really difficult to take a picture of it in flight mode and not have my hand in the shot.

No comments: