Monday, November 24, 2008

Jedi Starfighter & Hyperdrive Ring (#7661)

This one is just cool, Obiwan's Jedi starfighter and hyperdrive ring from Episode III. The only opportunity for improvement with this set is the hyperdrive ring needs to be a bit stronger, I just haven't figured out how to do it without making it look clunky.



The starfighter docks using a couple of technic axel pins that slide and lock into place. The blue wing flaps on either side fold up and down to complete the effect of being locked into the ring.


After I got this set, I retro-fit Anakin's yellow starfighter to dock with the ring as well. I thought about making a yellow and grey one to go with his color scheme, but I honestly don't know where I'd put it on the shelf.


I also built Obiwan's red starfighter to be compatible with the hyperdrive ring.

The set also comes with the exclusive Kit Fisto minifig. I would've included him in the photos, but he's currently on assignment in the Republic Gunship. The only modification I made to this one is replacing the flick missiles with the technic axels to hold the missiles in place where they belong. It's hard to be intimidating in a dog fight when you lose your missiles every time your ship tilts forward.

No comments: